Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:27:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridchip 40nm BTC ASIC chips (btcman)  (Read 15295 times)
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:13:23 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 12:24:09 PM by johnyj

From chinese forum, translated by google and modified bit

----------------------
BTC chip RTL design is not complicated, it is SHA256 algorithm. This is also the reason many ASIC chip vendors want to squeeze in the market: technical threshold is low, easy to get impulse.

But what factors make an ASIC vendors adhere to the end of process? Personally I think there are a number of factors:

1, Choice of the Foundry. BTC chip finally rely on advanced technology, yield stability, capacity, fast response and good service Foundry. Intel and Samsung are the first to be excluded, in the remaining Foundries TSMC is the boss

2, the chip design is better, in particular better physical design. The basic idea is the full-custom, handmade Layout, little by little, slowly optimization, are living a little bit of effort embroidery. So those who want to come fishing for fast-food ASIC vendors, there is no way out. BTC chips maker do psychologically prepared to do a protracted war, and is ready to put ten million $ in Foundry

3, the best in the Foundry has a direct account, not through a third party chip design services company operations. General ASIC design services company can not understand BTC chip operating model, not necessarily be able to understand well executed. Understood and performed well, half a year gone

4, ASIC manufacturers of mining machine manufacturers, good service, fast response. And customer win is a lasting business

5, the mining machine is only a relatively simple electronic products, and ultimately China (especially in Shenzhen) is bound to become a global mining machine production base. China's ASIC vendors in the language, geography, etc. have a distinct advantage. Europe, the United States, ASIC vendors may one generation products are some brief technical advantage, but that advantage will not last more than six months, will soon be the strength of the Chinese manufacturers to catch up with and surpass
---------------

Author claims to be the ASIC chips design team for Avalon, is there a split inside?  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:26:06 PM

---------------------------------
Chip basic specifications:
Process: TSMC 40G
Performance single-chip Hash: 2G ~ 2.5G

Chip business model:
1, selling mining machine
2, selling chips

ASIC Team:
The team in September 2012 initiated a TSMC 110nm of BTC ASIC chip, the chip mass production success in early 2013
The 110nm ASIC chip is the industry's first mass production of the BTC ASIC chip, the chip ASIC mining machine has done a lot of shipping.
At present, the actual chip shipments of the industry's first home, the force generated by the chip count is the industry's first (and the recent 2 ~ 3 months will also return rising rapidly).

Team Features:
Technical and pragmatic, the chip is not greedy, not the pursuit of gimmicks
The chip can guarantee the delivery time and delivery quantity

BTW: We are not to judge others ASIC team, each team has its own technology roadmap and business models, and nothing more.
----------------------------------

http://bbs.btcman.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4621&extra=page%3D1

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:24:06 PM

Nice Jj... be interesting to follow this development.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:25:22 PM

Also interested. Good luck

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:31:44 PM

My first thought reading this is "Awesome ! More competition entering Bitcoin space".

My second thought is "Come on, rest of the world ! Why is Shenzhen seemingly the only place that has it's act together (relatively speaking) ? It's starting to be embarrassing !"

*mumbles something about wanting to buy American and how that's worked out for him so far*
yuchuanzhen

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:55:59 PM

Author claims to be the ASIC chips design team for Avalon, is there a split inside?  Roll Eyes
This is the point. Shocked
Based on the author's words,may be some thing happened to the Avalon team.And,most like a big one.
Anyway,where is Yifu?

Tip:17YxKtDNYWjkhPYTKieh4xSGuyAfL4kJ5o
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:59:54 PM

My first thought reading this is "Awesome ! More competition entering Bitcoin space".

My second thought is "Come on, rest of the world ! Why is Shenzhen seemingly the only place that has it's act together (relatively speaking) ? It's starting to be embarrassing !"

*mumbles something about wanting to buy American and how that's worked out for him so far*

Cheap labor, massive workforce, and infrastructure that's already present.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 03:04:23 PM

Fixed

papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:10:38 PM

hi

these guys are not the same one who have opened a thread here last month or something?

yuchuanzhen

Activity: 234

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 03:19:07 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 03:30:06 PM by yuchuanzhen

Basically,this team designed chips(110nm) for Avalon.

And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)
And,we don't know what happened inside Avalon.

Tip:17YxKtDNYWjkhPYTKieh4xSGuyAfL4kJ5o
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:47:51 PM

Good luck

Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:05:33 PM

And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)
To summarize what you and johnyj have said:
(1) Key members of the Avalon design team are now independent of Avalon;
(2) This new design team is proposing the development of a 40nm chip;
(3) The team is seeking investment - as in capital, as opposed to crowd source or pre-sales.

IS THIS CORRECT?
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:23:34 PM

(3) The team is seeking investment - as in capital, as opposed to crowd source or pre-sales.

IS THIS CORRECT?
Where you assumed that they seek investment or new partner? Also, where is evident that they bitsysncom asic team has split inside?
Maybe this has something to do with btc address for chip purchases? Yifu said that who claim that they own that btc address.
Loredo

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:30:20 PM

IS THIS CORRECT?
Where you assumed that they seek investment or new partner? Also, where is evident that they bitsysncom asic team has split inside?
Maybe this has something to do with btc address for chip purchases? Yifu said that who claim that they own that btc address.
This is why is asked for clarification.  As to my inferences:
(1) yuchuanzhen stated "Based on the author's words,may be some thing happened to the Avalon team.And,most like a big one."
(2) and (3), yuchuanzhen stated "And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)"

Again, this development is currently, in primary source, in Chinese.  I think everyone who is reporting it, in English, should be very careful to be very clear.  Presumptions themselves may not translate correctly, even if they are, themselves, correct.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:37:16 PM

IS THIS CORRECT?
This is why is asked for clarification.  As to my inferences:
(1) yuchuanzhen stated "Based on the author's words,may be some thing happened to the Avalon team.And,most like a big one."
(2) and (3), yuchuanzhen stated "And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)"

Again, this development is currently, in primary source, in Chinese.  I think everyone who is reporting it, in English, should be very careful to be very clear.  Presumptions themselves may not translate correctly, even if they are, themselves, correct.
Sorry, I did not want to implay of you claim it so, just only that I wonder the same thing and that we need some more information and clearification. In op post there is none of any of those speculations.
Loredo

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:44:14 PM

Sorry, I did not want to implay of you claim it so, just only that I wonder the same thing and that we need some more information and clearification. In op post there is none of any of those speculations.
I took no offense.  It is clear that we both seek the same thing, which is an understanding of this.

Do you read Chinese?  Are those implications found in the original posts (not the OP of this thread)?
Loredo

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:53:07 PM

these guys are not the same one who have opened a thread here last month or something?
I believe you are right. 

Now this becomes even more murky.  Until some further clarification, I'm going to put this over into the FUD/BS thread list.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:28:37 PM

This is the point. Shocked
Based on the author's words,may be some thing happened to the Avalon team.And,most like a big one.

Shedding dead weight?

Yifu

No offence to the guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of one Dr. Ng Zhang feels that some of the team isn't living up to his standards.

Pure speculation though, probably entirely wrong.
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:05:09 PM

Fixed

uhh ok... I guess the wages in foxconn was so good that out of excitement they decided to jump off roofs...

Danny

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 08:54:38 PM

Who knows what is going on.   Avalon can take care of themselves, I am sure. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: